Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday - Typhoon Lagoon

Destination: Typhoon Lagoon

Scripture for the day: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17


10 Now I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,* by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you should be in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you should be united in the same mind and the same purpose. 11For it has been reported to me by Chloe’s people that there are quarrels among you, my brothers and sisters.* 12What I mean is that each of you says, ‘I belong to Paul’, or ‘I belong to Apollos’, or ‘I belong to Cephas’, or ‘I belong to Christ.’13Has Christ been divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God* that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so that no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16(I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize but to proclaim the gospel, and not with eloquent wisdom, so that the cross of Christ might not be emptied of its power.

The Report:
After an intense few days with our service project and YES program, we had a well-deserved lazy day today - specifically lazy river day, as we went to Typhoon Lagoon, and then to Downtown Disney. We also did some worship planning, and had a high energy devo session back at the hotel this evening, studying the passage above.

It was great to hear the youth talk about our opening question - sharing stories of our baptism - and how enthusiastic they got recounting the tales of their entrance into the community of Christ. 

We thank you for your prayers and support - keep them coming as we head to Animal Kingdom, then have our character dress up night at Magic Kingdom tomorrow. 

God Sightings:
- Several of our shopping groups shared stories of cast members (Disney staff) going above and beyond their jobs today for our group. The youth expressed gratitude and appreciation for the way that they were served, and the example it set.
-Today at Typhoon Lagoon, a number of the youth swam with the sharks in the reef experience. One of the youth said that the support of the community allowed them the chance to do something that was really scary. They were all in it together.
- When we were reflecting on the meaning of baptism, two of the answers were that baptism was about rebirth (daily dying and rising again in Christ) and the entrance into the Christian life and community. There were some great connections made between the meaning of baptism, and what we are doing together on this trip.
Pictures:

 The Youth at Typhoon Lagoon.
Swimming with the sharks


Devos in the cafeteria on Friday Night

No comments:

Post a Comment